Cooler days and colder nights remind us of the approaching winter and its companion – the flu season. During this time of year, our immune system is usually at its weakest point. Vitamins and nutrients are essential tools in our fight against the common cold, but sweating out the toxins is also a crucial element in maintaining good health.
Many of our guests enjoy using our complimentary SPA facilities, but during the hot summer days our dry sauna is not as much in demand as it is now. With the colder temperatures now upon us, we find ourselves craving the heat of the sauna more and more. Not only is it a relaxing experience, but it also provides a variety of health benefits.
According to health care professionals*, spending quality time in a dry sauna can help in:
- Reducing stress and enhancing your immune system
- Facilitating lymphatic drainage, which in turn detoxifies the body and improves the condition of your skin
- Increasing your energy levels and improving your overall sense of wellbeing
- Improving retention of information and overall concentration
So if you’re planning a relaxing weekend this fall, consider spending some time in the sauna. Get the rest you need, eat some delicious and nutritious meals, and be sure to sweat out the negative emotions and accumulated toxins. Your immune system will thank you, and you will be in a better shape to face the upcoming flu season!
Iryna & Mykola
* Like with all treatments however, we nevertheless recommend that you consult your health specialist to ensure that your body can tolerate the heat level set in the sauna.